For all the latest updates, visit IMARET’s FB at: https://www.facebook.com/imamresponseandrelief
If you wish to support our relief works:-
Persatuan Perubatan Islam Malaysia (Maybank)
Please label your donation as #IMARET4Sabah & notify us through email@example.com
Dato’ Dr Musa Mohd Nordin
IMARET4Sabah Updates No. 2
15 June 2015
1. Our volunteers were at Kg Kiau Nuluh, Kg Kiay Bersatu & Kinabalu Park where they met with the villagers and distributed goodies and supplies.
2. In Kinabalu Park they organized a counseling session for those involved during the search and rescue phase.
3. Dr Yusuf (IMARET representative), Prof Zain (MyCare representative) and Dr Anita (Hospital Mesra KK) had a fruitful discussion with Encik Ruhukin Supilin (Persatuan Malim Gunung). He shared his first hand experience bringing the bodies down from Laban Rata and how that has affected him. They discussed on further follow up plans for all the Kinabalu Park staff that were affected by the earthquake.
4. The mission was a success, as all the plans were carried out without major issues and future followup plans were also discussed.
5. We would like to thank our partners at MyCare and Hospital Mesra KK for the assistance and our flight sponsor AirAsia.
6. We will keep this page updated on our future missions.
#IMARET4Sabah Updates No 1
14 June 2015
IMARET was at Kg Kiau Taburi, Kota Belud. There were few main activities held in collaboration with staff from Hospital Mesra KK & Mycare team:
1. Basic medical checkup & screening for any of the villagers that needed psychological help following the trauma
2. Psychological first aid (PFA) in groups for adults and children. For the children, the activities include dancing and colouring (as per pictures). Any villagers that were observed to need more assistance were referred to Hospital Mesra, KK
3. Home visits by our family medicine medical officer to ensure the well being of those housebound and unable to come for the PFA activities especially the old and the disabled